Jack Wills x Summer Garden Party 2016


Fabulously British? I definitely agree! Jack Wills Hong Kong recently had their 2016 summer collection launch and I was so psyched to be invited. The theme was inspired by typical British summers; adorable picnics and brunches, swimming in the beach and row boating. Even the set up of the place gave me a different feel, enjoying mocktails, fruity cake slices and canapes. Oh, and I can't get enough of the truly beautiful flower arrangements everywhere! Great job Jack Wills!
After taking loads of pictures and having a few snacks from our travel, the fashion show was about to start. I adored that very line "Summer is a verb" that the hostess said at the beginning. It was followed by a short welcome speech from the founder himself, Mr. Peter Williams, who said that everything felt like a British summer except for the heat (I totally agree with you!).

Taking pictures of the narrow runway gave me a hard time and I was shocked when I got to post quite a few catwalk pictures because the rest were a total mess. Now let's talk clothing, after 2 very dear staffs walked me through their design concept, I got to appreciate the pieces even more. Most pieces are either made of chambray or broiderie anglaise to give that breezy feel. I loved the dresses, some had oar patterns and some were floral and lace. I even wanted to buy from the guys section coz' of their sexy 'smart and relaxed' buttoned ups and chinos. The color scheme they went for was mostly white and blue with hints of red. Needless to say, I would've went shopping then and there if only they were selling.

The event ended earlier than expected so there was time for some chitchats and get-to-knows, where I met the lovely fellow Macau blogger Danelle Lei. It was a great get together but it was a really tiring day, so excuse my smudged makeup look on the picture :P To top it all, we got ourselves picnic baskets as giveaways! Fabulously British!

Photo Credits to: Yours truly! 
Date: April 28, 2016
Venue: 1881 Heritage, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

0 comments